Membership in the Australian Association is based on individual membership as Angel Capital is a personal asset class. Our Constitution is based around individual professional membership and our activities focus on bringing a professional approach to Angel Investing, which has traditionally been an informal activity.
Membership is open to individuals at $250+GST pa, groups of individuals in an Angel Group (individual fee discounted but a minimum group total of $1,500+GST) and to others involved in the commercialisation ecosystem. All members must agree to abide by the AAAI Code of Conduct.
The AAAI is the home and voice for Angel Investors and the early-stage ecosystem in Australia. It offers its members:
- links to peers around the country and around the globe providing Australia’s most valuable investor network for sound informal advice and international market entry
- internationally acclaimed annual conference, professional development programs and platforms focused on best practice
- member discounts to the National Angels Conference and any other event run by the Association (e.g. a member joining through an affiliated Angel Group pays $150 + GST as the AAAI membership fee and receives a the benefit of a $200 discount for registration to the National Angels Conference). AAAI members are eligible to receive member rates at Angel Investor Conferences overseas.
- world leading Angel investment professional development programs to hone your skills
- a voice in advocacy activities to encourage strategic changes in legislative frameworks governing Angel Investing
- representation at government and industry forums
- advice related to sourcing funding for Angel activities and issues related to financial services legislation and tax incentives
- members-only section of the AAAI website containing information on a wide range of issues, methods and investment practices including downloadable templates and tools as well as Conference proceedings and presentations
- a directory of Angel groups in Australia and a calendar of events
- newsletter, LinkedIn blogging platform to foster debate and engagement between members of the early-stage ecosystem
- Angel Investor members are eligible to apply for accreditation as a Fellow of the Association which recognises experience in Angel Investing, active engagement with entrepreneurial ventures and success in growing the economic value of those ventures. Fellows are trusted nationally and internationally for their experience, knowledge and commitment to advancing the cause of Angel Investing as an investment asset class
Additional benefits such as voting rights and assistance with facilitating overseas alliances apply to individual (financial) members.